The Fundamentals of Understanding Human Nature
„The science of human nature may not be approached with too much presumption and pride. On the contrary, its understanding stamps those who practice it with a certain modesty. The problem of human nature is one which presents an enormous task, whose solution has been the goal of our culture since time immemorial. It is a science that can not be pursued with the sole purpose of developing occasional experts. Only the understanding of human nature by every human being can be its proper goal. [...] Our studies do not exist for their own sake but for the benefit o mankind. Quite without previous thought, our researches led into the field of pedagogy, to which we have contributed for years.”
Alfred Adler in the Introduction to his main work 'Understanding Human Nature' [“Menschenkenntnis”]
One-on-one conversation or group discussion
Is there a right/proper/correct education?
- What is to be understood by “spoiling” and “coddling”?
- What is it that a child learns in his or her first 1000 days? And why are these so important?
- Sigmund Freud discovered "The Unconscious". What is to be understood by the term?
- The constellation of siblings and the development of jealousy
- The “good” child and the “rebellious” child
- How does a stable relationship between mother and child develop?
- AD(H)S – What should parents know about it?
- Media addiction (Smartphone!) - a particular challenge in our time
“The human being is not subjected to direct compulsion by instinct (drive) or milieu; For Adler an individual does not inherit his or her character, rather character is a child's creative product developing in the course of his or her responding to the living conditions during early childhood, in particular to the educational influences, which are above all essential for the development of character. During childhood the child must be helped to develop a “sense of community”, "social feeling" (Gemeinschaftsgefühl), which will be decisive for any integrative and cultural achievements in the child's later life.”
Psychological life counselling
In personal-psychological one-to-one conversation or group discussion we deal with inter-personal problems of living together, for instance
- jealousy or other partnership conflicts
- exam anxiety
- sense of living /lack of motivation
Basic course in personal psychology
In this basic course on personal psychology and anthropology you will become acquainted with the fundamentals of human social nature in several group sessions
- man's natural sociability
- the natural capability of learning, of education and the corresponding needs
- our natural need and capability of building relationships
- the principle of development.